Welcome to Larkfields Junior School
Welcome back I hope you all had a good half term.
We are looking forward to lots of exciting learning this half term including our world book day event and our Taking Care of Each Other week.
Our INSET before half term was focused on how we can better prepare our children into life long learners, this links into the 4Rs we are already working on and the ABC core principles:
- To seek out and enjoy challenges
- To collaborate with others
- To show commitment and perseverance
- Assess themselves and others
- To speak clearly and convey ideas confidently
- To read and communicate ideas in writing efficiently and effectively
- To calculate efficiently and apply skills to solve problems
- To use new technologies confidently, safely and purposefully
- To ask questions to extend their thinking
- To generate and explore possibilities
- To overcome barriers by trying out alternatives or new solutions
- To connect ideas and experiences in inventive ways
Activities and topics will give the children the opportunity to practice and develop these core skills. We hope that the children will be excited and engaged when we start new topics this later this half term based on high quality texts. These include Journey to Jo’Burg, Dougal the Sea Diver and Tuesday to name a few.
We look forward to seeing you at our parent appointments – dates will be given out next week. Based on feedback from the last appointments we have kept the morning appointments as these were very popular and have extended the later appointments to 6pm. The dates will be spread out across the half term to provide maximum flexibility.
On a final note we have now appointed a new catering contractor who will start after Easter. They will be showcasing some of the new menus and food over the next few weeks - more information to follow.
Thank you for your on going support.
21st February 2017
Latest Term Dates Events
- Year 4 - Viking Experience Day24Mar2017
Year 4 will have visitors in school to provide a hands-on Viking experience.
- Sponsored 'Zumbathon'27Mar2017
'Take Care of Others' week - In order to raise awareness of 'differences' within school and our community, all children will take part in a sponsored Zumbathon, led by our very own Mrs. Bowen. Please feel free to join your child’s class. (A timetable will be sent out closer to the event).
- Onesie Wednesday29Mar2017
Children may pay a minimum donation of £1.00 per family to come to school in their favourite onesie or dress in pink and purple. The money raised through Onesie Wednesday will be donated directly to the National Autistic Society.
- Last Day of Spring Term31Mar2017
3:30 pm - 3:35 pm @ LJS
Break up for Easter Holidays.
- Easter Holiday03Apr2017
School closed for the holiday
- Start of Summer Term18Apr2017
Pupils return to school for the summer term
- Year 5 - PGL Residential Trip26Apr2017
9:00 am - 28 apr, 3:30 pm @ Caythorpe Court, Lincs
- Bank Holiday01May2017
- INSET Day26May2017
INSET Day - school closed to pupils
- Half Term29May2017
School closed for half term